I got through the first 4 weeks of the final 8 weeks of summer with really great results with running, but totally skipped out on weight training (always my nemesis) and the 100 Pushups and 200 Sit Ups programs. In all fairness, after one week of doing the sit ups program, I tested in at 200 in a row – so that program really wasn’t the best for me. But the pushups were a different story. I hurt my wrist badly after the first week and a half and had to stop. I’ve been scared to start again. I am going to try to start again these final 4 weeks.
As a recap, here are my starting stats on 07/07/2015:
Starting Statistics on 07/07/2015
- Weight: 146.4 pounds
- Body Fat %: 23.7%
- BMI: 22.9
- Natural Waist: 28.25 inches
- Belly Button: 32 inches
- Hips: 36.5 inches
- Core Strength Starting Stats:
- Starting Sit Ups: 105 (starting at Week 5 of the program)
- Starting Pushups: 32 – (starting at Week 3 of the program)
Goals for the 8 weeks:
Completely finish the core strength programs (200 sit ups, 100 pushups) weeks 2-7 At least one (1) cross training session a week (this is hard for me to do in the summers because I’d rather run) Bands/resistance training once a week
- Clean eating with just one cheat day a week (I will not be logging food here though, but I will confess my sins in the notes section each week – HA!)
- 20-30 Total running miles each week
- At least 5 hours a week of exercise (this includes running, core strength, resistance, cross training, lawn mowing, and HARD yard work that makes me sore the next day)
- Keep within my net calorie goals (1330 per day) 6 days per week (allowed 1 cheat day a week)
Here is where I ended up after 4 weeks – I’m quite happy considering that dropping weight just isn’t easy for me right now. I’m at a good BMI and body fat percentage for my height and age, so I can’t expect to lose much more without a serious overhaul of what I’m doing.
Week 4 Statistics
- Weight: 144.4 Pounds
- Pounds Lost or Gained: 2 Pound lost
- Body Fat %: 23.4%
- Body Fat % Lost or Gained: 0.3% Lost
- BMI: 22.6
- BMI change in 4 weeks (starting was 22.9): 0.3
- Workout Days (goal is 24 days)/Time Spent Being Active (goal is 20 hours): 21 Days/19 Hours 29 Minutes (damn – just shy of the goal!)
- Miles Run (goal is 80-120): 98.54 Miles
- Days within Calorie Goals per MFP: Of the 6 days a week that I tracked (allowing 1 free day a week), I averaged a net of 1,130 per day – right on par with a 1200 goal and well under a 1330 goal!
- Natural Waist: 27.5 inches (28.25 on 07/15) – lost 0.75 inches
- Belly Button: 32 inches (32.0 on 07/15) – lost/gained 0 inches
- Hips: 36.0 inches (36.5 on 07/15) – lost 0.5 inches
So – I’m a happy camper right now! My average running distance has moved from 5 miles per day to 5.5-6 miles per day, so that’s awesome! My pace improves so I’m not spending much more time running that extra distance. Eating is going well, but I’ve got that so figured out that I’d be so angry with myself if it wasn’t going as planned. All-in-all, I’m happy and am ready to kick it up a bit these final 4 weeks.