Starting Statistics on 08/30/2014
- Weight: 155 Pounds (took 0.6 pounds off during my stabilizing week)
- Body Fat %: 25.1% (took 0.7% off during my stabilizing week)
- BMI: 24.3
- Predicted Weight from MyFit.nessP.al: 140 Pounds (targeting 1.5 pounds per week)
Goals for the Next 10 Weeks (Ending 11/08/2014)
- Weight: 142.6 Pounds
- Body Fat %: 22.1%
- BMI: 22.3
- Push-ups: 90
- Sit-ups: 53
- Mile Run Time: 7:26
Week Ending 10/04/2014
- Week 4 Statistics
- Weight: 149 Pounds
- Pounds Lost or Gained: 2 Pounds
- Body Fat %: 24.4%
- Body Fat % Lost or Gained: 0.0%
- BMI: 23.3
- Workout Days (goal is 6 days): 6 Days
- Time Spent Being Active: 6 Hours 27 Minutes
- Average Number of Steps Per Day: 13,728
- Food: This will be a week of cooking dinners at home. No travel for my husband means kitchen time for me! We’ve got our favorites lined up this week!
- Sunday – Greek chicken with homemade apple pie as dessert
- Monday – Curry burgers
- Tuesday – I’m too ashamed to log what I had for dinner. We went to the Y for INSAN.ITY fit testing, which I thought would take 10-15 minutes. The testing itself was quick, but then we were led through another 20 minutes of class, taking us to 6:50. We then walked the track for 10 minutes and because we’re putting the kids to bed earlier these days, my hubs said, “DQ for dinner?” And I agreed. I had a kids cup of vanilla ice cream – and that was my dinner. I put the frozen soup (homemade leftovers) back in the freezer for another time.
- Wednesday – Curried pumpkin soup – This was excellent! It needed a bit of something more in the way of spices, and we’re not sure what. I think we’ll try coriander or nutmeg next time. I subbed coconut oil for the canola oil and it worked out great. I used low sodium broth which was a mistake – follow the recipe!
- Thursday – Pear and Ground Pork Stuffed Winter Squash (we used carnival squash instead of acorn squash this time – and we prefer the acorn squash)
- Friday –
Chicken non-tortilla soupWe took the boys bowling tonight and then out for hot dogs for them. We ate oatmeal – it was the only healthier option there. It was good!
- Saturday – Date night!!!
- Exercise/Activity: I’ll be hitting it hard this week again – shooting for 7 hours of activity. My goal is 2 4-mile runs (Mon, Tues, Fri), 3 INSAN,ITY and KB workouts in the garage, and a weights class at the YMCA. I need to keep working hard at cardio but really like the garage workouts for strength and endurance training.
- Sunday – Mowed the lawn (47 minutes) – 11,200 Steps
- Monday – Morning run (45 minutes) – 14,500 Steps
- Tuesday – INSAN.ITY and kickboxing (52 minutes), more INSAN.ITY (28 minutes), track walking (10 minutes) – 14,800 Steps
- Wednesday – Rest day!- 9,100 Steps (so not proud of this)
- Thursday – INSAN.ITY and kickboxing (70 minutes) – 13,000 Steps
- Friday – Track walking (66 minutes), INSAN.ITY core and balance (15 minutes) – 16,000 Steps
- Saturday – Afternoon run (48 minutes)- 17,500 Steps
- Notes and findings:
- I have a chest cold this week that doesn’t seem to be keeping me down, but it made me want to take a rest day.
- Working out in the garage is… working out great! I can’t believe how motivated I am to work out on my own.
- I tried working out in the basement while the kids played and that proved to be difficult – I’ll keep working out while they nap!
- We went to the Y on Friday morning to do nothing in particular other than give myself a parenting break. My big kid was EXCITED to go and my little one couldn’t get to the toys soon enough. I walked the track for an hour, watching my older son play with his friends in the gym just below. It was fun – and I think I’ll do that every Friday that my little guy doesn’t nap in the morning!
- I am done getting “egg white delig.ht” breakfast sandwiches from McDo.nalds. I figured they weren’t great for me, but they are so tasty and thue “healthiest” option in the morning if I’m choosing to go there (and I go there Mon-Wed after preschool drop-off just for their Die.t Co.ke – which is just so good!). I have known that they’d have to go at some point, so when I read all about how it’s made, I decided to ditch them. I had one last one and that’s it – I’m done. I’ve been there twice since saying “no more” and I’ve just gotten my Di.et Co.ke and I’m perfectly happy with that.
- I met my exercise goals with the exception of a weights session. 😦